Organic Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil-Medium Intensity
A Greek varietal that is high in polyphenols making it also super food friendly. This medium intensity oil has hints of green banana and floral notes. A peppery finish to top it off and you have oil with unparalleled flavor for rich dishes, as well as being perfect for vinaigrette’s and marinades. This superb, complex oil won gold medals at both NYIOOC and Olive Japan IOOC last year.
Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Thanks to its status as a spotlight food in the Mediterranean diet, and thanks to extensive research on its unique phytonutrient composition, olive oil has become a legendary culinary oil with very difficult to match health benefits.
Polyphenols have been shown to function as both antioxidants and as anti-inflammatory nutrients in the body. The very number and variety of polyphenols in olive oil helps explain the unique health benefits of this culinary oil. Because of the high polyphenol levels, as little as 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil per day have been shown to be associated with significant anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Lowers the risk of Inflammatory and Auto-Immune Disease problems
- Lowers the risk of Cardiovascular/Heart problems (polyphenols)
- Assists with proper balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol
- Digestive Tract benefits
- Support of overall Bone Health
- Improved Cognitive Function
- Olive Oil is not a commonly allergenic food and is not known to contain oxalates or purines