Black Cherry Lemon Pan-Seared Chicken Salad
This light and flavorful entrée salad for 2 is delightful. Choose to cook the chicken on the stove or on the grill which will add another layer to the flavor for this year round, but feels like summer meal.
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
1 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp. Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
2 cups raw pineapple chunks
1 Tbsp. Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
3 cups crisp mixed greens
2 stalks celery thinly sliced, bias-cut
½ cups blue cheese crumbles
1 avocado, sliced
coarse salt & ground pepper
½ cup fresh mint leaves, cut in thin ribbons (chiffonade)
2 Tbsp. Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
1 tsp Coarse salt
½ tsp Ground pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the Dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Cube the chicken and mix in a bowl with the olive oil, some salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet and cook chicken until golden brown, remove chicken and set aside.
- While the pan is still hot, add pineapple and cook until golden brown. Remove pineapple from heat and baste all over with the balsamic vinegar. Add to chicken and allow to cool.
- In a large chilled bowl, toss together the greens, celery, chicken and pineapple mixture, blue cheese, and dressing.
- Place each portion on a plate and garnish with ½ sliced avocado each and sprinkle with mint leaves.
This recipe can also be prepared with grilled chicken and pineapple.
Serves 2 people as an entrée salad.