Creamy Wild Mushroom and Sage Pasta
This is an indulgent and delicious pasta dish that incorporates Autumn flavors. I like to add a few chili flakes for a little kick. It is OK to substitute ½ & ½ for a lighter sauce.
Wild Mushroom Sage Olive Oil
Pear Apple Aged Balsamic Vinegar
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
6-8 mushrooms, quartered
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp. sage, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
8-10 oz crumbled sausage
2 Tbsp. Pear Apple Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups penne pasta (or shape of your choice)
salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- Heat Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil in a medium saucepan and sweat onions with salt & pepper until soft and opaque; add mushrooms and once they start to take on a golden hue, add garlic and herbs; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cream to mushroom mixture; bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate medium saucepan, cook crumbled sausage in 2 Tbsp Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil. Once the sausage is fully cooked add Pear Apple Balsamic Vinegar to deglaze, then add sausage to the cream and mushrooms, stirring well.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When complete add hot pasta to the sauce, stirring well; adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and plenty of parmesan cheese
Serves 2 as large entrees or 4 as a side dish.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.